Is this trail mix or is this granola? Either way, it’s DELICIOUS.
Your home is going to smell AMAZING while this is in the oven. Warning: it’s addicting. Be sure to exercise portion control with this healthy snack.
Trail Mix Granola
1 cup raw mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts)
1 cup raw slivered almonds
½ cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup dried cherries, blueberries or cranberries
¼ tsp sea salt
(optional: 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line 1 or 2 baking sheets (depending on their size) with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the nuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour over the nuts and mix well. Add the optional pumpkin pie spice and mix again, till everything is evenly coated.
4. Spread the nuts on the baking sheet(s) and sprinkle salt over the top of the mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and stir the nuts to make sure they toast evenly. Bake for another 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Stir again, adding the coconut flakes. Bake for another 10 minutes to toast the coconut.
6. Remove from the oven for a final time, and let cool. Mix in the berries and serve.
In good health,