Somewhere around this time every year - the first week of January - it's like my body is ready to be done with the cookies and wine and wants REAL food. I used to be left with sugar cravings after the holidays, but ever since practicing my own Reset (such as the 10-Day Healthy New You Reset starting this Monday), I've learned how to quickly bounce back and give my body more of what it needs (balance!) so it stops yelling at me to feed it more sweets. :-)
So, here we are in the first week of January and, once again, I was craving something substantial. REAL food. A meal. Substance.
I thought you might be as well. Or, at least, you might benefit from the real food to help quiet your own post-holiday cravings!
If you plan on making this vegan & gluten-free dish, drop a comment and let me know! I enjoy hearing from you!
Amazing Stuffed Mushrooms (Serves 4-8)
- 1.5 lbs mushrooms (you can use baby portobellos, cremini, or button)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (reserve a little extra for serving)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove mushroom stems (and set aside for later). Brush mushrooms with a little olive oil, place (stem side up) on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 T of olive oil. Saute the shallots, bell pepper, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes for about 3 minutes - until they start to get tender.
- Add in the parsley, finely chopped mushroom stems, and chopped walnuts, cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chopped spinach until it wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven, pour off any water that accumulated in the mushrooms.
- Spoon the sauteed filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Top with fresh, raw, diced red bell peppers and serve warm.
If you enjoy trying new healthified, gluten-free & vegetarian recipes, sign up for my newsletter so you can receive them straight to your inbox. :-)
Hope you enjoy!
In good health,