Baked Sweet Potatoes with Hummus (Servings 4)
• 4 sweet potatoes
• 2 tablespoons sea salt
• 1-2 cups baby kale leaves
• ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
• 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 1 cup hummus
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on an baking sheet, pierce a few times with a fork and rub with salt. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until cooked.
3. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place the kale, chili, oil salt and pepper on a baking sheet with parchment paper and toss to combine. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
4. Heat a sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. of olive oil and add chopped onions. Sauté until golden brown. (about 15-18 minutes)
5. Cut the sweet potatoes in half, and top with the hummus, caramelized onion and crispy kale to serve.
If your family is anything like mine, hummus is an entire food group! Sometimes homemade, usually store bought (because...time saver), but no matter what, there's always a shelf in the fridge dedicated just to our hummus. An occasional container of salsa, dressing, or dip might try to sneak up there with the hummus, but that usually doesn't last long.
So, why not pair something warm, sweet, delicious, and colorful like sweet potatoes with one of the only foods that every person in our household eats?!
If you try the Baked Sweet Potatoes with Hummus recipe, drop a comment and let us know what you think!
In good health,
P.S. If you are enjoying these recipes and are looking for more delicious plant-based & gluten-free options, make sure to sign up for my email list! I will hook you up. ;-)
You can sign up right on my homepage at TaraAllenHealth.com