These Pistachio-Apple bars are amazing!
Magnolia and Jagger’s schools don’t allow nuts due to children’s allergies, so we rely a lot on nuts at home. These bars are the perfect after-school snack or dessert!
Pistachio-Apple Bars with Chia Seeds (Servings 14)
• 1/3 cup cashew butter
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups puffed rice
• 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apple
• 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
• 1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted pistachios
• 1 teaspoon black chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix cashew butter, honey, olive oil, vanilla, and salt.
3. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
4. In a separate bowl, combine puffed rice, oats, apple, cranberries, and pistachios.
5. Pour cashew mixture over puffed rice mixture, and toss gently to combine.
6. Press into an 11 x 7-inch, greased glass baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the top with chia seeds, pressing down lightly to stick them to the mixture.
8. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool, slice, and enjoy!
How do these sound to you?
In good health,
P.S. You can totally reduce the honey to make these even healthier. I’ve made them with about 1/2 the amount for a lower glycemic version (because...PCOS) and they were delicious!