Ready for a new side dish?
Warm Apple Salad
Makes 4 servings
4 to 5 cups loosely packed spinach or spring mix salad blend
1 lemon, zested and juiced (separated)
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt to taste
¼ cup onion, chopped
4 apples, sliced
½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Wash the greens and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the garlic into the lemon juice. Stir in the sea salt and lemon zest. Whisk in the olive oil until it’s emulsified into a vinaigrette.
3. Pour half the dressing over the spinach and toss well.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add in the onion, cooking until translucent and slightly caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the apples, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Toss in the pumpkin seeds to warm.
5. Add the onion-apple-pumpkin seed mixture to the spinach. Add the rest of the vinaigrette and more salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!
In good health,
P.S. I have just 1 (but I can be talked into 2) spots left for 1-on-1 coaching in June. If you are interested in learning more, you are welcome to schedule a free 15-minute call. We'll chat about your goals and what you need and find out if it's the right fit for us to work together.
P.P.S. If you prefer to check out some details - including the cost - on your own first, I totally get that! I'm the same way. ;-) Check out my 1-on-1 virtual coaching package here.