It wouldn't be a holiday season without using our favorite cookie cutters or making a complete flour-y mess of the kitchen floor with the kiddos, would it? ;-)
These Holiday Spiced Sugar Cookies will hit the spot! They are doughy / soft and just a bit sweet...nothing that will send you into that sugar craving downward spiral. Bring them along to your next holiday party or cookie exchange....and double the batch to keep some extras at home!
<<These are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and soy free.>>
In Joy and Health,
Holiday Spiced Sugar Cookies
2.5 cups almond flour
¼ cup honey
1 large egg
1.5 T coconut oil
½ tsp pure almond extract
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
coconut flour (for rolling out and dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients in a food processor, mixer, or by hand.
3. Flatten dough to about 1/3 – ½ inch thickness. Cover and allow to cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Place dough between wax paper, sprinkle with coconut flour, and roll out with a rolling pin.
5. Dust again with coconut flour before using cookie cutters.
6. Collect “scraps” and repeat steps 4 & 5 until all dough is used.
7. Place cookies on a baking sheet greased with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper.
8. Decorate as desired or leave cookies plain.
9. Bake 7-10 minutes (until edges start to turn golden-brown).