Last week. I came to you live on Facebook to walk through a little cooking demo (talk-through, really) of how I made Zucchini Fritters. My version is gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free with extra Omega 3s, fiber, and protein.
Here’s that video
For those that requested I write up the recipe, here ya go!
2 large zucchinis, grated
2 large eggs
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup cheese of choice (I used non-dairy cheese)
1 tsp salt
coconut oil for cooking
1) Add grated zucchini and salt to a colander and place in the sink for 5 minutes. Allow extra fluid to drain.
2) Place zucchini in a cheese cloth and squeeze out any additional fluid.
3) Add the eggs, nutritional yeast, flaxseeds, and cheese and mix well.
4) Add oil to a pan and over low-medium heat, cook 1-2 T of fritter mixture at a time (like a pancake). Once edges start to brown, flip over. This takes approx. 3 minutes per side.
5) Keep extras for up to 5 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in toaster or oven.
In good health,