Whether you're hosting your friends and family or visiting someone else to watch The Big Game (a.k.a. Superbowl) this Sunday, there's a few things that remain top of mind on this not-quite-a-holiday holiday…football, half-time shows (wardrobe malfunctions?), commercials, and…FOOD!
What are you making? What are you bringing?
This Crunchy Cauliflower recipe is perfect for Game Day. It works as a snack, an appetizer, or a side dish. It's delicious as-is, or can be paired with your favorite dip or sauce if you want to be fancy. This recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, high protein, high fiber, and of course a serving of veggies! And…it's toddler-approved (actually, toddler-obsessed!).
Crunchy Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Place in large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and then beaten egg in the bowl with the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Add dry mixture from medium bowl into bowl with the cauliflower and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread cauliflower evenly onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, flip, and bake another 7-8 minutes. The cauliflower should be crispy and a bit brown on the edges.
- Eat up!
Happy Friday, everyone!