So I have to start by letting you know I forgot to snap a decent picture of these waffles for you, and instead have this paper towel quickie that I sent my hubby to let him know we had breakfast to bring on our road trip. :-)
Now that that's out, do NOT let it take away from the fact that these are DELICIOUS and should be made immediately - even before Starbucks announces that it's pumpkin season this year.
These waffles worked as breakfast on-the-go as well as a snack in our hotel room the following day. They are gluten free, dairy free, have no added sugar, and are packed with protein, healthy fat, fiber, and some veggies!
***Swap the nut butter for seed butter to make these friendly for nut allergens if you have allergies in your family or school rules to follow.***
Are you ready?!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup walnut butter (it's what we had - any nut butter will work)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Mix all wet ingredients in a blender.
2. Add dry ingredients and blend until well-combined.
3. Cook in a greased waffle iron. Makes about 8 waffles (pictured are waffles cut in quarters).
WIll you be trying these?? Let me know!