Are we connected on facebook or instagram yet? If so, you might've seen a recent post in which I shared how much I LOVE the fact that muffins freeze well. This is our go-to dessert that we bring with us when we want the kids to partake in a dessert that their little bodies will be happy about. I often make huge batches and freeze them. They'll last a few months in the freezer, but ours never make it that long. ;-)
I often make different types of muffins depending on what we have on hand or what the kids are asking for. But, these zucchini muffins have been a HUGE winner amongst all members of our family for quite some time.
I've shared this recipe in my newsletter before, but since some of you are new to this blog and my newsletter, I figured it was time to share it again (plus, I was asked to)!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and has no refined sugar.
***Please note, this recipe makes 10-12 muffins due to variables like the freshness (and juiciness) of the zucchinis and the size of the bananas.
(Makes 10-12 muffins)
- 3 eggs
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1 cup unpeeled zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients together in a blender.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry and mix well.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
Hope your family enjoys these as much as my family does!
In good health,