When you're looking for some comfort food, but still care about putting awesome ingredients in the tank...
…enter, Healthified Eggplant Parm!
Why should dinner take an hour to make when the little people have about 2.25 minutes to devote to eating before they want to get up to play?!? It shouldn't! Keep it simple and fueling their little bodies (and yours).
Healthified Eggplant Parm
1. Grease baking sheet
2. Slice eggplant whichever way you'd like.
3. An egg, beaten, goes in one bowl
4. Ground flaxseeds with lots of herbs and spices mixed in a second bowl (basil, garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, thyme…have fun with it!)
5. Eggplant slices go in the egg, then in the flax concoction, then onto the baking sheet.
6. Broil 5 minutes on one side.
7. Flip and put tomato sauce and whatever cheese or cheese replacement you want on.
8. Broil 3-4 minutes on second side.
9. Done. Serve, garnish, enjoy!