Is it just me, or does the start of a new month make you giddy too? It's a clean slate for personal and professional goals and brings new seasonal activities and holidays to be excited about! November is synonymous with celebration in my household - from my husband's birthday, to Thanksgiving, a season of gratitude and reflection, the start of Christmas music and decorations, and delicious, yummy-smelling, warming comfort foods!
Did you get to go apple picking this year? Or maybe you'll be heading to a farm or farmer's market next weekend? There's always a joy in picking the perfect apples and then a bit of confusion that sets in when you try to decide what to do with your robust harvest, right?
I have a solution...
Spiced Crockpot Apple Cider
- 18 cups water
- 12 medium apples
- 2 oranges
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- pinch black pepper
- Slice apples and oranges.
- Place all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Warning: You house will smell so amazing at this point that you're likely to cancel all plans and stay home. :-)
- Strain all contents through colander into a large bowl.
- Strain once again through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a large bowl.
- Your cider is waiting for you!
"But Tara, I don't want to waste all the fruit and spices!"
Yup…I hear ya. Throw it into a pitcher with red wine (or seltzer for an alcohol-free option) for a festive Sangria.
Do you want to make sure you don't miss more recipes like this? Join the newsletter! It's a healthy / food-y / family-y / fitness party in your inbox.
Enjoy in health,