Sweet Bean Veggie Burgers
(Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free)
· 2 large sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
· 1 cup black beans, cooked and mashed
· 1 ½ cups quinoa
· 1/2 cup onions, chopped
· ½ cup spinach, chopped and slightly wilted on stovetop
· 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 t turmeric
· 1 t paprika
· salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl with fork.
3) Grab handful of mix and pack tightly into a ball. Each should be roughly the size of your palm for even baking and serving size.
4) Place ‘burgers’ onto a greased baking sheet or parchment paper, a few inches apart. Flatten to make a patty.
5) Bake 35-40 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway.
6) Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing with spatula.
7) Add your favorite toppings! For me, that means avocado, sliced onion, and sliced tomatoes.