St. Patrick's Day is next week and I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for new and interesting green food ideas to make. We're all Irish that day, right? ;-)
With a couple of frozen bananas in my freezer that I wanted to use up, I had an idea...
But of course...Matcha Nice Cream. This is a dairy- and gluten-free version of ice cream that you do not need an ice cream maker for! And, get this…you only need 3 ingredients.
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (cashew milk used here)
- 2 T matcha (green tea) powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy.
- Spoon into freezer-safe container.
- Eat as is for a soft-serve consistency or freeze for 1-2 hours for a traditional ice cream texture. If you're feeling fancy, use an ice cream scooper.
Enjoy this healthy sweet treat alone or with Leprechauns…whatever! ;-)
In good health,