These suckers are fun, delicious, versatile, did I mention fun?! :-) But, have you noticed none of your knives seem to be able to cut them open? It used to take longer for me to cut open the vegetable than it did for my oven to preheat to 400 degrees!
Try this: Score the spaghetti squash all the way around with your knife. Then throw it in the microwave for 3.5 minutes. (Carefully) remove and resume cutting. It's not as seamless as getting through a banana, but you'll notice a big improvement.
Then, just place the two halves on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Some ideas for toppings:
- tomato sauce and cheese
- avocado, cilantro, and garlic
- olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- baked apples, cinnamon, and coconut oil for a sweet version
- dill yogurt sauce with chopped cucumbers
- pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg
- hummus and sriracha for an uber-quick, creamy / spicy dish
Now that I saved you 10,561 hours of cutting time, what do YOU plan to make with the spaghetti squash? Bonus points for creativity. ;-)